Monday, October 25, 2010

Doctor Who?




Seorang ibu dan anak brcerita knaps serial Doctor Who mrupakan bagian dari hidup dan budaya mereka.

I’ve heard that, when you go throughout your day, your brain puts a sticky note on the things that it deems most important -- the things that you experience the biggest emotional reaction to. Then, at the end of the day, it takes the most important memories (the ones with the stickies) and runs over them -- it’s a starting explanation for how your brain chooses what you should be dreaming about. I mention this because, well, the night before I made this video … I was dreaming about Doctor Who. Apparently that TV show is more important to me than I’d originally realised.

So, here, for those that are clueless, is a very brief sum up of the show, and a run down of my reasons for liking it as much as I do. As I said in the video, I felt like I needed to justify myself … getting comments from people saying “I don’t like Doctor Who, but I still like your Doctor Who music!” is always lovely, but I can’t help but feel like those people are silently judging me. My response: it’s not always brilliant, which is what makes it so consistently brilliant. If that makes any sense.

By the way, something that I didn’t mention in this video (which I probably should have) is this: I like Matt Smith. People have been asking my opinion of him pretty much daily since he was revealed to be the doctor, so here I am, telling you now, that I think he’s doing a brilliant job. I do, however, think that his best days are yet to come, so I’m going to reserve any final judgment until this series has finished. My friend Ben Cook who writes for Doctor Who magazine has already seen the entire series (lucky bugger) and has told me that the last few episodes are the best -- I reckon that’ll be Matt’s time to shine.

So, Doctor Who? What do you think? I’m looking forward to seeing your comments about this one -- Doctor Who talk is always surprisingly intelligent and in-depth ^_^ Don’t let me down!

No comments: